Background HTML Whitewashed

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Legacy Making



I love these old photographs.  Dad and I have been working on all those boxes from the attic!  And we have found precious pictures from the past.  I love, love these moments captured of mom and dad from their early years together.  The wedding, the babies (I'm the cute one in these pictures!)  These snippets of time frozen on film are the makings of a Family Legacy.

Mom left a beautiful Legacy for her family.  A life poured into the ones she loved.  And it gives me pause to think about the legacy that I'm leaving for my family.

Walking with mom through her Pancreatic Cancer Journey somehow distilled the priorites in my life. The small became inconsequential in the light of facing mom's last earthly days.  Leaving a Legacy.  I think about it alot.

What exactly is the Legacy I'm leaving behind for my family?  What will they remember?  What will they cherish?  What will they reject?  For whether I am doing things intentionally or unintentionally, my actions are leaving a path for the ones that follow. 

Legacy Making.  It's a deep subject.  Not sure I've really gotten it all ironed out, but there are a couple of things that lay heavy on my heart.  In the weeks to come I may be able to add to this list, for now it's a start. A way to intentionally lay a path for what's important in my life, to impress on the ones I love...

FAITH - It is the foundation for all that follows

FAMILY - Eternally connected, Make them a priority

SERVICE - People count, invest well

GRACE - At every turn, forgiveness, understanding and compassion

As I said, Legacy Making is a profound topic.  I am just beginning to scratch the surface of what it means. This I do know, our lives count to those around us.  Choosing to live out my faith, love my family, serve the comunity and give grace are some of the priorities I am challenging myself with.  

Intentionally Leaving a Legacy that will impart the things I value most to the ones I love best!

May this weekend be filled with all that's good and lead you down paths of Legacy Making of your own.  My Love, Jane  

No comments: